Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 16

Today was an excellent day all around!! I started the day with my vitamins and drinks. I will say that both of my shaker cups were dirty in the dish washer so I decided I'd just stir my meal replacement shake into a cup. Big mistake. By not measuring the water and/or mixing it enough I created a clumpy, and then too watered down drink. I managed to get it all down, but it was not good this morning. My dishwasher was immediately run and both cups are clean and ready to be used tomorrow and Thursday mornings! While we're talking about them, does anybody have suggestions for good shaker cups? I like one of mine better than the other and I want to buy a few more. Please share your input by commenting on the blog or emailing me directly!

I went to the 9am Step class at the YMCA this morning and had a much more successful workout today! This was such a huge relief to me after yesterday's fiasco. I still got cramps in my calves a bit but I was able to push through it today and only had to stop once to stretch. I'm still not sure what's causing this. I've been told I need potassium and I've been told I'm dehydrated. Considering I've drank more water in the past 16 days than I think I have in the rest of my life I doubt dehydration is the culprit. Either way, I got in a good workout this morning and I'm very happy about it! 
This is basically what I see during a step class.
Lots of feet and calves and steps.
For lunch I cooked up some more taco meat (lean ground turkey and veggies).




Green & Red Bell Pepper, Mushrooms & Red Onions
I thought the colors were pretty!
Add browned, drained meat. Mix together.
(Seasoned with garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin). 
I went to my most recent "go to" and had 2 mini tacos for lunch. I think I'm not going to buy more sour cream because I always think I'm using so little until I post the pics. I swear this was only 1 tbsp per taco. I used whole wheat fiesta mini tortillas, salsa, and fat free cheese.
Lunch.
I did work related tasks this afternoon, some of which were surprisingly exciting. More to come on that later. Afterwards I met up with Marjan again and ran errands. We ate Jason's Deli for dinner. I decided to take a chance and I had the Zucchini Grillini with fruit as my side. I normally am a meat person and sandwiches are a favorite of mine, so venturing into the non-meat sandwich world was new to me. It was good, but not as good as what I usually get at Jason's. I also decided to use some of the fruit dip, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. Jason's describes the sandwich as: "Grilled zucchini, muenster, organic spinach, red onions, roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, roasted red pepper hummus, toasted on 9-grain artisan bread. I ordered it without the olives.
A vegetarian option! I actually chose a vegetarian option!
Overall, today was a good day. I drank 16 cups of water, ate well and exercised! I'm hoping this means I'm back on track like I was the first 7-10 days of the challenge. I'm also hoping this will show on the scale again soon because I'm starting to get frustrated. I know I'm losing inches too, I can feel it, but I want to see the numbers drop on the scale faster than they are. "Talk" to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment