Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 2: Temptation

Today was good, but weird. The timing of everything was thrown off and I struggled with a lot of temptations. Don't worry, I made good decisions!


(Image borrowed from: http://olivelifestyle.com/14-healthy-choices/)

I started this morning with my fiber drink, chocolate protein shake and a mandarin orange flavored Spark. Then I met Shelley at the gym and got my workout in early. We did the 60 minute step class first, which reminded me just how out of shape I am. The last 10 minutes are a floor ab and leg workout and I couldn't do a lot of it. It was embarrassing. I'm adding a new goal to the journey: be able to do all the ab and leg lift workout! Afterwards we decided to jump on the elliptical. Okay, maybe not jump per se. More like drag my self on the elliptical. I did 1 mile in 15:29. Considering how sore I was from yesterday and the step class right before, I'm okay with my time.


My best friend and worst enemy.

As soon as I got home from working out my realtor called to show me a few houses I wanted to see. I rushed to shower and met her at noon. Because of this, I didn't have time to do my afternoon Spark or eat lunch. I figured I'd be 1-2 hours and then I could do it. WRONG. We ended up in the heat for hours. By the time I left the last house to come home I was shaky, weak, and starving. I ended up having a chicken wrap for lunch. It was a whole wheat tortilla, grilled chicken, leafy lettuce, shredded carrots and cabbage. So where's the temptation? I wanted to stop at every single fast food restaurant on the way home because I was SO hungry. I wanted Gatorade more than you can possibly imagine. But again, I proved to myself that I can do this. My chicken wrap and water were just what I needed, and I was full and didn't have any guilt after lunch!

I think my biggest downfall of the day came next. I napped for 3 hours this afternoon, which I think is a big part of why I was only able to get in 12 cups of water today. The combination of little sleep last night, being sore from working out, not having my lunch Spark, and being in the hot Texas heat looking at houses without any water to drink really kicked my butt. I'll do better tomorrow and be sure to drink more water.

For dinner tonight I had a lean turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. I added mustard, lettuce and tomatoes. After 2 bites I decided I didn't need 2 slices of bread so I removed one, folded my sandwich in half and ate the rest like that. I actually preferred the flavor without the extra carbs! Yay for healthy choices tasting good!

Sidenote: I have 4 of these small plates that were my
Bubbie's. I love that she's with me through this journey.

 I also decided to do some food prep today. I made a basic salad so the next few days will be really easy! It's just lettuce, tomato, cucumber and mushrooms. I'm going to add some spinach tomorrow for leafy greens, but I'm trying to use up what I already had in the house.

Salad!

I also cooked up some whole wheat pasta and a healthy low-sodium, low-sugar spaghetti sauce. I portioned it out into 1 cup servings and froze half.

Don't worry, the green stuff isn't mold.
I sprinkled some parsley on top. :)

I think my biggest accomplishment of the day/resistance to temptation was that I threw away the leftover pizza from this weekend and my bottle of ranch salad dressing. If you know me, you know that I love pizza and I don't  like to waste money. BUT, my health is more important and it actually felt good to bring the trash out. Out with the old, in with the new!! 


(Image borrowed from: http://destwellnesswellbeing.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-with-old-in-with-new.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment