Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 9

Day 9 started rough. I woke up to my alarm to go work out, but had a headache. Ultimately, I went back to sleep and skipped my workout. Not my finest moment, but hey, I'm human!

For lunch I tried to eat the turkey cutlets described in the Day 7 post. I took one bite and this is when I threw it all away. I ended up with the spaghetti again instead.

Yuck.


Yum.


















For dinner I went to a friend's house for BYOS night with the girls! S is for "salad"!  Perhaps it's not as exciting as adult beverages, but it's healthier!!  I ate more food Tuesday night than I have since I started my challenge. I brought 2 types of healthy chicken salad and a hummus/veggie tray.

Ingredients for one of the chicken salads I made.
One friend brought a health bean/veggie dip salsa. The hostess with the hostess made a very healthy pasta salad with shrimp and her famous spinach dip. She also made a healthy pistachio/fruit salad desert. It was AMAZING! I was so full and convinced I'd be sick from eating so much when I left, but miraculously I didn't get sick. Here's a sample of the smorgasbord of food! Overall, salad night was excellent! Great food, great company, great times!
J's bean salsa with veggie chips and whole wheat crisps. 
My chicken salads - served with whole wheat
carb options that nobody ate and we put away!
I was so proud of everyone for resisting the carbs!!
The hostess's shrimp pasta salad!
Here's my leftover container so you can see a bit of everything. :)
I managed to drink 16 cups of water, so that was an improvement! I also thought I'd share with you the painting I made for the hostess. She's an amazing friend and has helped me throughout the house buying experience, helps watch my cats when I'm out of town and has helped me in more ways than I could ever list here. She's pretty much amazing, and after spending literally months trying to decide what to get her I decided I'd sit down an paint. I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Thank you, friend!

2 comments: