Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 5

Yesterday was another great day on the Advocare 24-Day Challenge! I started my day with the normal drinks, and went back to my meal replacement shake for breakfast.
I finally bought a shaker so I don't
have to use the blender every day!
I went to an aerobics class at the YMCA and was pleased with my workout. I'm still light years away from where I want to be, but I can already feel a difference in my muscles, movement and energy level! For lunch I had more of the spaghetti I had prepped, topped with 1/4 cup ground turkey.


My afternoon plans changed when I received exciting news! The house I made an offer on is now under contract! Wooooo!  I spent a good portion of the day making phone calls and doing paperwork. Justin and I decided we should celebrate and I was really torn about what to do for dinner. In the end I think I made a healthy compromise. It's not the best I could have had, but it's also far from the worst. I suggested going to the newly opened Genghis Grill.
Shamelessly taking pictures....
I got a small bowl and picked shrimp, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli. You get to pick a carb so I decided on brown rice. The hardest part for me was the sauce. If you know me, you know I love sauces. I wanted teriyaki so bad, but I opted for the garlic water, which they swore is just garlic and water.  This was what it looked like!
Dinner.
Overall, it was good, but I would have preferred one of my prepped meals at home. I'll go back after my challenge is over and try it with sauce once, just so I can decide if I like it or not. Justin really liked his tasty bowl with teriyaki, chicken, onions and white rice. I was jealous.

Last night we watched a movie and I had a 1/2 cup raisins and a small spoonful of natural peanut butter as a snack. I felt like I was cheating but I don't think it was really all that bad. I ended my night with the cleanse pills, of course.  In summary, I'm pleased with my choices (both good and bad) and am happy to continue down the correct path when it would have been so easy to cheat the challenge and cheat myself. :) Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday" and I'm proud of who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment