Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 7

I'm back!!!  My apologies for being gone a few days and thank you very much to those who reached out to make sure I was still on track let me know the blog was missed! I'm going to post each day as a separate post so it doesn't get too long.

Sunday was day 7 of my challenge, and it was also Father's Day. The day was rough for two reasons.
  1. Since my father passed away in November of 2010, I get emotional on Father's day. Usually being emotional means eating emotionally.
  2. We ate out for lunch and then ate at Justin's parents for dinner. 
Despite these hurdles, I feel that I did pretty well. I tried to make a new recipe from the Advocare cookbook: Turkey Cutlets with Mango/Peach Salsa.

Here's what happened:


Chop 2 peaches and 2 mangoes.
Add 1 can Rotel. You can use mild
 or original. I don't like spicy so I used mild.

Mix together with minced, lime juice, water.
You can add cilantro if you want; I didn't.
1 lb of lean turkey breast cutlets.
Lay cutlets on the bottom and top with the salsa.
Set to cook for 6-8 hours on low.
 What not to do:

Don't fall asleep and forget that you have food in the crockpot.
I tried to salvage it but ended up throwing it all way. HUGE waste of time and money.
In addition, to all my Advocare pills/drinks I had an okay food day.  I had a turkey burger for lunch. I asked them to grill it dry and I didn't eat the bun. I did have fat free mayo (scraped half off) and fat free cheese. Oops. I also had ketchup and ate it with the lettuce and tomato. It was good, but man did I want their cheese fries with ranch.  :(  You'll also notice my water instead of coke. I haven't had a single coke since I started, and I almost don't even want it at this point!


For dinner Justin's mom was super sweet and cooked healthy for me. I ate some sugar free jello, cantaloupe, steamed green beans, a hamburger patty with ketchup and some potato salad. She didn't use salt so even though I cheated I didn't really feel guilty because it wasn't THAT bad. Also, I tried to work out Sunday morning but when I got to the Y it was closed. :(  Apparently Sundays they're only open 1-6pm. I even looked up the Lamar gym because I was already dressed, in the car and willing to drive to Beaumont. Were they open? Of course not. So Sunday I came home, did 100 crunches and called it a holiday. Here are a few pics of me and my dad in honor of Father's Day!
Dad and me circa 2002. Also, look how skinny I was. Motivation!
Dad and cute me. No idea what year. Maybe '91? Do I look 6?

No comments:

Post a Comment