Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 19

Hi everyone! I want to take a quick second to thank you all for reading and to remind you that if you don't have nice/positive/supportive things to say, I'd appreciate you not saying anything at all. I got some negative/unsupportive feedback today and I don't need that in my life. That being said, let's get back to happy, healthy posts!

Today has been a good day. So far I've had 14 cups of water and it's only 8:30. I'm sure I'll meet my 18 cups today. This morning I had my pills, meal replacement shake and Spark energy drink, as usual. I went to the gym with the intention of doing 9am Aerobics and 10am Zumba. 
I was even there early!!
I've had a lot on my mind the past few days and I try to use my workouts as a healthy outlet for stress, anger, and other emotions. Today, I think I took it too far. During the first 30 minutes of aerobics I was working hard! I added the extra hops, skips, jumps, etc. and was feeling GREAT! Until I rolled my ankle and was unable to finish the workout. If you know me, you know I have weak ankles from years of competitive ice skating, softball and basketball. Between my 2 ankles I've had 6 sprains and a break. I SHOULD have been wearing an ankle brace, but my ankle brace is from high school and is dirty and falling apart. I SHOULD have bought a new one, but I hate the ones with Velcro that they're selling nowadays. So, instead I ended up with only 30 minutes of aerobics and this instantly bruised, swollen ankle.

Outside. Yes, I know I need to shave.
Inside.
I iced my ankle for 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for 2 hours and took 2 Aleve to lessen the swelling. It's for sure sprained, bruised and swollen but it's not as bad as it could have been. You'll be happy to know that I ordered an ankle brace this evening. My mom was insistent and I allllllways listen to my mother. :)

I was REALLY bummer that I'll be out of the gym for a while, but my friend Mel suggested arms and/or swimming. Tomorrow morning I'm going to check out the pool at the Y to see what I can do! I'm excited that I have options! By the way, Melanie also blogs about her health journey here: http://tinierpants.blogspot.com and her amazing design work here: http://creativetinypants.wordpress.com. Check them out!

For lunch I had tacos again. They were really tasty as always. In case you haven't read my blog before, I use whole wheat mini tortillas (50 calories each) with lean ground turkey I cooked with veggies. I use 2 tbsp light sour cream, 2 tbsp salsa and 2 pinches of fat free shredded cheese. They're always tasty. Never fails.

Between icing my ankle and being upset about everything else going on I took a 3 hour nap. It was glorious. For dinner I decided to cook. I had some veggies in the fridge that needed to be used before they went bad, so I decided to make mashed cauliflower (instead of potatoes), homemade french fries, and turkey burgers. I also cut up the rest of my veggies to make a salad for eating this weekend.  This was my first attempt at mashed cauliflower ever. 
Steamed.
I cut up a whole head of cauliflower, steamed it, strained it, then mashed it. I added black pepper, garlic powder and a pinch of kosher salt. I also added 1 tbsp light country crock, which I won't add normally but I'm trying to use up what I have in the house. From now on I'll buy I can't believe it's not butter. I also make homemade fries for the first time.
Rinsed, sliced potatoes.
EVOO, pepper, garlic powder.
Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, flip for another 5-10 mins.
Let me assure you they were delicious!! I love that I'm eating healthy and enjoying it. I also threw some turkey burgers on the George Foreman grill. I seasoned them with the same seasonings previously mentioned.
Already measured into 4oz burgers, super easy and healthy!
Look at all that fat dripping off! Love it!
While everything was cooking I cut up lettuce and tomatoes for topping my burger. I realized my lettuce was about to go bad so I ended up cutting up extra pieces for the other burgers and then chopped the rest with some tomatoes and cucumber for a salad to eat this weekend.
So much green goodness!
I absolutely loved the meal I ended up with! Everything was SO tasty and I'm happy to have added to my list of things I've learned how to cook. Here's what dinner looked like:
I'm really proud of myself for eating as well as I have the past few days. I've had a lot of BIG, sad stuff going on and the old me would dive into pizza, ice cream and anything else I craved. While I can't say I wouldn't love to jump into a pizza, I can say that I've chosen not to and I'm happy with my decisions. Life goes on and I want it to be a healthy life in all ways! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment